- Improve focus and concentration.
- Feel more relaxed and peaceful.
- Reduce personal drama in your life.
- Become less reactive.
- Strengthen insight and intuition.
Join us for regular sessions or attend special classes and workshops offered by local and visiting facilitators. Included in membership, patronage, or suggested $10 drop-in donation.
Morning Meditation Practice
Wednesdays and Fridays
A simple reset–connect with yourself in a 20 minute guided practice.
A regular series to deepen our practices and build community. We will learn and practice specific meditation techniques, followed by a short discussion, then conclude with the practice.
- December 17 Superconscious Meditation in the Himalayan Yoga Tradition
- January 7 TBA
- January 14 TBA
Sunday Morning Meditation Circle
with Dawn Kolden
9:15 – 10:30 am
A weekly guided practice, teaching, and social time.
2020 Meditation Jump Start
Saturday 4 January
10:30 am- 12:30 pm
with Renée Silvus
Included in membership, patronage, or $25 suggested drop-in donation.
We’ve read headlines and heard stories about the wonders of meditation. Here is your chance to learn more in a safe, comfortable place.
Some basics we’ll discuss:
- What is meditation anyway? You’re probably already doing it.
- The benefits of yoga asana to support your practice.
- Doing an morning internal dialogue first.
- Why is it called a practice?
- How to sit comfortably.
- Movement may be your method.
- Working with your mind.
- Breathing and ways to focus and concentrate.
- And more. Bring your questions.
Renee will guide you through meditation as taught by the Himalayan Yoga Tradition. We will practice for short periods, interspersed with discussion and a short break.
Highly recommended: please attend the 9am yoga asana class next door at Shanti Yoga Studio.
Patrons support CUB and our meditation offerings. Patrons receive:
- Meditation sessions and special classes
- Classes and events with Luminaire
- Wellness Wednesdays with McCall Team doTERRA
- Our Speaker Series
Renée brings a blend of perspectives as an educator, therapist, and coach. She offers courses, retreats, community-building events and celebrations with Luminaire. Her facilitator training is with Authentic World San Francisco and the Integral Center Boulder, bringing an Integral lens to any topic. Her yoga teacher training and lineage are with the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition.